Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wow, what a day

Today was an pretty good day. My food was as follows:
Breakfast
1 cup berry curves cereal
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup halved strawberries
lunch
spaghettios
applesauce
sugar free vanilla pudding
snack
100 calorie snack pack kettle corn
dinner
Layered taco dish( yum, and saved half for lunch tomorrow)
Snack
Cut up strawberries with fat free cool whip

For my workout today i did
4 sets of 21 swings with 26 lb kettlebell

5 sets of 21 squats with the 16 lb kettle bell ( last set standing on two blue steps) alternated with 5 sets of around the body with the 16 lb kettlebell (20 each direction then switched for 40 total) (no rest in between those two)

4 sets of 21 deadlifts with the 26 lb kettlebell on the blue steps alternated with 4 sets of 10 each direction around the leg figure 8. ( also no resting in between those two)

4 sets of 11 snatches ( each arm ) with the 16 lb kettlebell

5 sets of 20 seconds planks

all in all I'm pretty happy with my workout. I sure was sweating buckets at the gym tonight which helped me gauge my work effort. I'm still not sure i am doing the snatches correctly,my husband says my form looks good but 'm not sure. I am always so hard on myself and critiquing myself way too much. I'm too hard on myself. I am a perfectionist i guess. One thing i did do tonight was stretched after i was finished. I have to do better at that and remember to do it every time I'm done. I feel much better.

All in all, I'm happy with today. I didn't splurge on food, i did great during my workout. Now I'm going to cut up those strawberries and plop down on the sofa with my hubby. Until next time :)

2 comments:

Anthony C said...

are your forearms getting bruised from the snatches?

are you comming up onto your toes right before the lock out at the top?

is your lower back REALLY sore after you do multiple reps?

if you answer no to all those, you are probably doing pretty well in regards to form.

if you're still worried, post some vids on the AoS forum or on here and get the folks on the AoS forum to take a look and they will be glad to give you some pointers- IF you need them.

good luck.

Jennifer said...

This is the way to put it all out there. You'll find that having a detailed record to come back to will be very helpful. My one suggestion for now is to join a website like fitday.com (free) or myfooddiary.com (~$9/month but has a much better database) and keep up with EVERY bite that goes into your mouth. Keep us posted.